MOST BELOVED STORIES AND COMICS
- When To Hug Someone: Life's Greatest Mystery
- Falsus Corpus: Thoughts About Women's Stupid Bodies
- Getting Old: The Side Effect of Aging
- The Apex of Cuisine: When Too Far Isn't Far Enough
- Ghost Dogs and the New American Job Market
- Epidermal Ornateness and Absurd Discord
- Inspirational Inspiration On Perseverance
- Heartache in the Absence of Love and then, Eventually, the Other.
- Smoking: Still Totally Cool
Tag Archives: michigan
I spent the last couple of weeks visiting my family in Michigan. My mother is a school teacher and I found out that they no longer use blackboards or chalk. While I understand the benefits of whiteboards, there is something aesthetically … Continue reading
There is a dive-bar somewhere in the Midwest that several of my friends claim makes you pay the cover charge in teeth. When considering the usual clientele, this seems less like a joke and more like a plausible assumption to … Continue reading
I am currently sitting out a blizzard in my home state of Michigan. Everyone in it went shopping for the same thing yesterday. Now all the only thing left on the shelves is fear and hopelessness.
For some people, just being in a public bathroom heightens the tension of every moment. Something as innocuous as standing next to another person becomes your own personal hell when it’s done at the urinal. I’ve heard sweaty bearded man-voices … Continue reading
Are you planning a summer vacation this year? Would you like to be my friend? Are you a creepy hobo-drifter? Are you currently residing in, or near, the state that Jim Harrison once called a partially paved atrocity? If you … Continue reading
It was my birthday this week. Let’s take a look back to see where I was this time last year… Huh… It must not have been a great birthday.